Below you will find these 2 charts as downloadable and printable PDF files. Over the years from baking for friends and family, I have many notes written across pages in my binder about recipes, the amount of batter and frosting used to decorate every cake, and the number of servings I was able to cut up for guests. I hope these pretty charts will be useful in your cake decorating journey and provide answers to questions you may have such as...
How much cake do I need to bake?
How many servings will a cake serve?
What is a normal size for a cake serving?
How much frosting do I need to make for cupcakes?
How much buttercream do I need to make to cover a cake?
How much ganache do I need to make to fill and torte a cake? Visit my post about Chocolate Ganache for additional tips and information.
These are just some of the questions I have been asked and although I do answer these throughout the various tutorials on my blog, the attached charts are a nice, easy-to-read visual for you to refer to.
Be sure to pin, bookmark, or save this page! Or, better yet, print out a copy for your recipe binder.
PDF #1: Cake Batter and Icing Amounts per Pan Size and Shape contains...
- Number of servings per pan size and shape
- Round Cake Pans 6"-16"
- Sheet Pan Sizes 9x13", 11x15", 12x18", and 14x22"
- Square Cake Pans 6"-16"
- Standard Cupcakes
- Cups of cake batter needed to bake each pan by size and shape
- Amount of frosting needed to fill, stack and cover 2 layers of cake, 4" tall
- Visual representation of what stacked, tiered cakes look like by size and the number of servings available for either round or square cakes based on 1x2x4" cut slices.