August 30, 2013

Little Mermaid Cake

Little Mermaid Cake with Tail Fin Splashing out of the top

I just love how my nieces Little Mermaid Cake turned out!  Below are some photo's of the Little Mermaid Cake and a brief explanation on how it was decorated.  

August 27, 2013

Japanese Beetle Bug Cake (Tutorial)

Realistic looking Japanese Beetle Cake on a 16 inch cake board

My daughter's friend had a bug themed party and when asked to make a cake, I got super excited to have a chance and make a cake that resembled his favorite bug, the Japanese Beetle Bug.  He's massive and sits on a 16 inch round cake board and his body measures 12x6 inches...and it's all cake!  Here are photos of the process in making this creepy and realistic looking bug cake.

August 5, 2013

Featured in CakeCentral Magazine (June 2013)

A Beatrix Potter Baby Shower Cake - The Tale of the Flopsy Bunny

Page spread with Beatrix Potter Baby Shower Cake in the Cake Central Magazine, June 2013 issue.
CakeCentral Magazine
Volume 4 Issue 6 (June 2013)
3-page Spread
Photography by Bryan Ramsay Photography

June 26, 2013

Doc McStuffins Cake

Doc McStuffins Cake with gumpaste stethoscope wrapped around cake tier.

Photos showing how to sculpt an edible cake topper head using a candy lollipop.

Here is the cake I made for my daughters best friend with some photos on how I made the Doc McStuffins figurine using a Tootsie Pop.  She's decorated mostly out of gumpaste and her clothing is a mix of gumpaste and fondant.

March 14, 2013

Los Angeles Lakers Cake

Laker's Basketball Birthday Cake

This cake was made for a friend who is 10 and a Los Angeles Lakers basketball fan.  All the decorations are hand cut with fondant and below is how it was done.

March 11, 2013

Boston Red Sox Cake

Boston Red Sox Cake with fondant logo and wood grain board

A 6 inch Boston Red Sox Cake with a wood grain board (to resemble the wood of a baseball bat).  Although simple, hand cutting the logo and font were time consuming!

February 22, 2013

Korean Hanbok Dol Cake Toppers

Korean Hanbok Doljanchi Cake Toppers, Boy and Girl dressed in traditional 1st Birthday Outfits, Gumpaste.

I love making these Korean 1st Birthday figurines and luckily, I have had the awesome opportunity to make a few of them over the past year.

February 19, 2013

A Painted Curious George Cake

Curious George Cake and Cupcakes

I have been MIA for a while but life has been busy, very busy, that I haven't had time to keep up the blog or do many cakes.  This years resolution (and with it being February already), I'm going to try to post more.  2012 passed by in a flash and I'll post a little recap on the few, 2012 cakes that I've done.  

November 5, 2012

Bumble Bee Baby Shower Cake and Cupcakes

(Updated November 17, 2022)    
Bumble Bee Themed Baby Shower Cake and Cupcake Tutorial

I designed this adorable, Bumble Bee-themed Baby Shower Cake for a friend to match their invitation.  I was shown a picture of the invitation and given free rein to do as I wished for the cake and cupcakes:  Having the creative freedom to make art is awesome!  Included are details on how I made this cake.